About BlueForge Alliance (BFA)
BlueForge Alliance is an agile program integrator positioned to meet the intense and urgent demand to build capacity for the defense industrial base. We are a unifying organization converging technology, manufacturing, economics, and state and federal government to provide a forward-facing, federated umbrella with national visibility.
As a non-profit, neutral convener, BlueForge Alliance aligns strategy with execution to coordinate regional stakeholders, assess and propose high-value efforts, and rapidly establish and deploy U.S. Department of Defense investments. By streamlining competing priorities and viewpoints, we aim to increase manufacturing capacity and technology adoption, boost the number of available suppliers and diversify investment into the defense industrial base.
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Engineering Intern to join our dynamic team. As an Engineering Intern, you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in various aspects of engineering, contributing to real projects and learning from experienced professionals. This internship provides a valuable opportunity for skill development, exposure to engineering practices, and a chance to make meaningful contributions to our projects. In addition to the following details, by being a BlueForger, you will be expected to uphold and exemplify our values of Belonging, Selfless Service, Integrity, Leadership, Respect, and Excellence. We uphold these values upon a backbone of humility driven by a culture of safety, vulnerability, and purpose. In this NON-Exempt, temporary role you will:
- Assist in the execution of engineering projects under the guidance of experienced engineers.
- Collaborate with team members to contribute to the planning, design, and implementation of engineering solutions.
- Attend relevant team meeting to ensure understanding of deliverables.
Research and Analysis:
- Conduct research and analysis to support engineering projects and initiatives.
- Compile and summarize technical data to aid in decision-making processes.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of project documentation, including design specifications, reports, and technical drawings.
Testing and Validation:
- Participate in testing and validation activities to ensure the performance and reliability of engineering solutions.
- Document and report test results, making recommendations for improvements.
Learning and Development:
- Actively seek opportunities to expand technical knowledge and skills through training, workshops, and mentorship.
- Apply learned concepts to real-world engineering challenges.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program in Engineering or a related field.
- Strong academic performance in relevant coursework.
- Basic understanding of engineering principles and concepts.
- Eagerness to learn and contribute to engineering projects.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Proficiency in relevant software tools and applications.
Salary & Benefits
This role will pay $25 – 30/hour, depending on background, experience, and abilities.
This Intern position is not eligible for Benefits.
This internship is expected to last the duration of the school semester (e.g., Fall, Spring, Summer, etc.) with the possibility of extension based on performance and business needs.
BlueForge Alliance provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position requires US Citizenship as a bona fide occupational qualification due to the specific security and contractual requirements associated with our work as a defense contractor.
All positions are security sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations, in accordance with ADA, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To the extent that work entails access to export-controlled items or information, award of the position is contingent on obtaining the relevant export control authorizations.