People Operations Coordinator - Talent Acquisition
About BlueForge Alliance (BFA)
BlueForge Alliance is an agile program integrator positioned to meet the intense and urgent demand to build capacity for the defense industrial base. We are a unifying organization converging technology, manufacturing, economics, and state and federal government to provide a forward-facing, federated umbrella with national visibility.
As a non-profit, neutral convener, BlueForge Alliance aligns strategy with execution to coordinate regional stakeholders, assess and propose high-value efforts, and rapidly establish and deploy U.S. Department of Defense investments. By streamlining competing priorities and viewpoints, we aim to increase manufacturing capacity and technology adoption, boost the number of available suppliers and diversify investment into the defense industrial base.
As a People Operations Coordinator specializing in Talent Acquisition, you will be at the forefront of our recruitment efforts, contributing to the growth and success of our organization. This role involves a strategic approach to attract and onboard top talent of our rapidly growing organization while ensuring a positive candidate experience that reflects our mission, vision, and values. This exempt position will be based on-site at our headquarters in Bryan, TX. In addition to the following details, by being a BlueForger, you will be expected to uphold and exemplify our values of Belonging, Selfless Service, Integrity, Leadership, Respect, and Excellence. We uphold these values upon a backbone of humility driven by a culture of safety, vulnerability, and purpose. In this role you will:
- Talent Acquisition:
- Develop and execute effective recruitment strategies to attract and hire qualified candidates.
- Post job openings on various platforms and engage in candidate sourcing activities.
- Coordinate interview schedules, candidate communication, and recruitment events.
- Conduct screening calls with prospective candidates to assess qualifications and cultural fit.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to define job requirements and enhance recruitment processes.
- Represent BFA at recruitment events as required.
- Onboarding Support:
- Assist in the design and implementation of comprehensive onboarding programs.
- Prepare onboarding materials and ensure a smooth assimilation process for new hires.
- Coordinate with departments to ensure new hires have the necessary resources.
- Compliance and Reporting:
- Stay informed on HR laws and regulations related to talent acquisition.
- Prepare reports and documentation related to recruitment activities as needed.
- Streamline and document processes, ensuring transparency, efficiency, and a foundation for continuous improvement.
- Training and Development:
- Collaborate with the People Operations team to enhance recruitment skills and knowledge.
- Participate in the creation and delivery of training programs, specifically those aimed at recruitment, on-boarding, and managing staff for new hires and current staff.
- General Support:
- Assist with scheduling, document preparation, and correspondence.
- Utilize assessments and analytics to maintain a constant area of insights, fostering continuous learning, and evolving best practices within People Operations.
- Collaborate with other administrative staff for seamless operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field; and at least 3+ years of experience in HR functions.
- Basic understanding of HR best practices and applicant tracking processes in HRIS systems.
- Strong organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Understanding of employment laws and regulations
- Enthusiastic about contributing to a positive and inclusive work environment.
Salary & Benefits
Expected Salary Range is dependent on education, skills, and experience.
BFA has a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- 401k matching program
- Generous PTO package
- And more
BlueForge Alliance provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
All candidates undergoing the hiring process at BlueForge Alliance are subject to a comprehensive background check, which includes criminal and civil history verification. By applying for a position with BlueForge Alliance, you acknowledge and consent to this background check as part of our standard hiring procedures. Additionally, professional references, such as former employers, supervisors, colleagues, or other relevant contacts, may be contacted to assess your qualifications.
Please note that some positions at BlueForge Alliance may require the ability to obtain a security clearance. In such cases, successful clearance may be a condition of employment. By submitting your application, you acknowledge the potential need to undergo a security clearance process if required for the position.
This position requires US Citizenship as a bona fide occupational qualification due to the specific security and contractual requirements associated with our work as a defense contractor. To the extent that work entails access to export-controlled items or information, award of the position is contingent on obtaining the relevant export control authorizations.
All positions are security sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations, in accordance with ADA, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.