Systems Engineering Technical Lead - Program Integration
About BlueForge Alliance (BFA)
BlueForge Alliance is an agile program integrator positioned to meet the intense and urgent demand to build capacity for the defense industrial base. We are a unifying organization converging technology, manufacturing, economics, and state and federal government to provide a forward-facing, federated umbrella with national visibility.
As a non-profit, neutral convener, BlueForge Alliance aligns strategy with execution to coordinate regional stakeholders, assess and propose high-value efforts, and rapidly establish and deploy U.S. Department of Defense investments. By streamlining competing priorities and viewpoints, we aim to increase manufacturing capacity and technology adoption, boost the number of available suppliers and diversify investment into the defense industrial base.
As a Systems Engineering Technical Lead – Program Integration, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing and managing the execution of complex systems engineering projects from initiation to completion. This position requires a unique blend of technical expertise, project management skills, and strong leadership capabilities. The successful candidate will collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the seamless integration of systems solutions and drive program success. In addition to the following details, by being a BlueForger, you will be expected to uphold and exemplify our values of Belonging, Selfless Service, Integrity, Leadership, Respect, and Excellence. We uphold these values upon a backbone of humility driven by a culture of safety, vulnerability, and purpose. In this Exempt role you will:
• Collaborate on the development of Systems Engineering capability strategies and plans, ensuring alignment with organizational goals and customer requirements.
• Lead execution of Systems Engineering plans and products, maintaining responsibility for product technical content and quality
• Manage technical teams executing Systems Engineering project plans
• Coordinate with stakeholders to define Systems Engineering projects’ scope, objectives, and deliverables.
• Monitor project progress, identifying and addressing issues to ensure timely and successful completion.
• Provide technical leadership and guidance to a team of systems engineers.
• Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to integrate complex systems solutions.
• Identify potential risks and develop mitigation strategies to minimize program and project disruptions.
• Proactively address technical challenges and implement contingency plans when necessary.
• Maintain clear and open communication channels with customers, team members, and other stakeholders.
• Provide regular project status updates, addressing concerns and ensuring customer satisfaction.
• Allocate resources efficiently to meet project requirements and timelines.
• Collaborate with HR and Systems Engineering personnel management to recruit and onboard additional team members when needed.
• Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, engineering disciplines (e.g., mechanical, aerospace), applied science, or a related field.
• Proven experience in systems engineering and project management roles.
• Strong understanding of systems architecture, requirements, verification and validation, interfaces, and process implementation.
• Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification is a plus.
• Familiarity with industry standards and best practices in systems engineering.
Salary & Benefits
Expected Salary Range depending on role and qualifications.
BFA has a competitive benefits package that includes:
• Health, dental, and vision plans
• 401k matching program
• Generous PTO package
• And more
BlueForge Alliance provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This position requires US Citizenship as a bona fide occupational qualification due to the specific security and contractual requirements associated with our work as a defense contractor.
All positions are security sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations, in accordance with ADA, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To the extent that work entails access to export-controlled items or information, award of the position is contingent on obtaining the relevant export control authorizations.