Technical Director of Programs, Outreach & Communications
About BlueForge Alliance (BFA)
BlueForge Alliance is an agile program integrator positioned to meet the intense and urgent demand to build capacity for the defense industrial base. We are a unifying organization converging technology, manufacturing, economics, and state and federal government to provide a forward-facing, federated umbrella with national visibility.
As a non-profit, neutral convener, BlueForge Alliance aligns strategy with execution to coordinate regional stakeholders, assess and propose high-value efforts, and rapidly establish and deploy U.S. Department of Defense investments. By streamlining competing priorities and viewpoints, we aim to increase manufacturing capacity and technology adoption, boost the number of available suppliers and diversify investment into the defense industrial base.
The Technical Director of Programs, Outreach & Communications at BlueForge Alliance plays a critical role in strategic program delivery, analytics, managing complex problems, and contributing to overall program success. This position collaborates closely across the integrated project teams to ensure the successful implementation of strategies, campaigns, and initiatives. In addition to the following details, by being a BlueForger, you will be expected to uphold and exemplify our values of Belonging, Selfless Service, Integrity, Leadership, Respect, and Excellence. We uphold these values upon a backbone of humility driven by a culture of safety, vulnerability, and purpose. In this Exempt role you will:
- Collaborate with team functional leads to ensure the proper resources are in place for program execution of integrated marketing and communication strategies and campaigns.
- Provide strategic oversight across the integrated project teams on the program to streamline efforts and maximize impact.
- Oversee the planning and execution of major marketing campaigns and events, ensuring cohesive and consistent messaging.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to gather insights, analyze data, and measure the effectiveness of marketing initiatives, providing ROI metrics to program executives.
- Work closely with the Managing Director to develop annual strategic roadmaps for the program and provide strategic plans and insights to further improve success of all outreach and communications initiatives.
- Act as a liaison between Outreach & Communications and other areas of BlueForge, as well as external stakeholders, to facilitate cross-functional collaboration.
- Oversee resource allocation across various teams to ensure program success.
- Provide subject matter expertise, guidance, and support in the development of creative content, branding materials, and marketing collateral.
- Participate in the development and refinement of marketing and communication policies, processes, and standards.
- Step in as the acting Managing Director of Outreach & Communications when required on the program, assuming leadership responsibilities.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies to drive innovation.
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive work environment that promotes teamwork and professional growth.
- Represent the organization at industry events, conferences, and networking opportunities as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or related field; Master's degree preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in marketing, communications, or related roles.
- Proven experience in leading cross-functional teams.
- Strong strategic thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in digital marketing tools, data analysis, and project management.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborative and adaptable, with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Adept at building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Familiarity with marketing trends, audience segmentation, and brand development.
- Knowledge of event planning and execution is a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and a passion for driving results.
Salary & Benefits
Expected salary based on skills, qualifications, and experience.
BFA has a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- 401k matching program
- Generous PTO package
- And more
BlueForge Alliance provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position requires US Citizenship as a bona fide occupational qualification due to the specific security and contractual requirements associated with our work as a defense contractor. To the extent that work entails access to export-controlled items or information, selection of this position may be contingent upon obtaining the relevant export control authorizations.
All positions are security sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations, in accordance with ADA, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.