Ethics and Compliance Officer
About BlueForge Alliance (BFA)
BlueForge Alliance is an agile program integrator positioned to meet the intense and urgent demand to build capacity for the defense industrial base. We are a unifying organization converging technology, manufacturing, economics, and state and federal government to provide a forward-facing, federated umbrella with national visibility.
As a non-profit, neutral convener, BlueForge Alliance aligns strategy with execution to coordinate regional stakeholders, assess and propose high-value efforts, and rapidly establish and deploy U.S. Department of Defense investments. By streamlining competing priorities and viewpoints, we aim to increase manufacturing capacity and technology adoption, boost the number of available suppliers and diversify investment into the defense industrial base.
The Ethics and Compliance Officer is an in-person role that will be responsible for implementing, managing, and monitoring the organization's ethics and compliance programs. The primary goal of this role is to ensure that the organization and its employees adhere to legal and ethical standards, promoting a culture of integrity, transparency, and ethical behavior. The Ethics and Compliance Officer will work closely with senior management and various departments to establish policies, procedures, and training programs to ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and ethical guidelines. In addition to the following details, by being a BlueForger, you will be expected to uphold and exemplify our values of Belonging, Selfless Service, Integrity, Leadership, Respect, and Excellence. We uphold these values upon a backbone of humility driven by a culture of safety, vulnerability, and purpose. In this role you will:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive ethics and compliance program to create strategies that reduce the risk of unethical and illegal practices within the organization.
- Develop and communicate guidelines that set expectations for exemplary ethical conduct to foster organization-wide culture of Integrity.
- Establish and maintain a compliance program to meet federal and state regulations.
- Create an independent mechanism for receiving concerns regarding ethical misconduct or compliance violations; establish and maintain a procedure to investigate submissions.
- Identify, deploy and maintain a repository of training activities to assure understanding and accountability for ethics and compliance.
- Prepare and update relevant sections of the BlueForge employee handbook or other mechanisms to assure understanding of ethical and compliant behavior.
- Conduct internal audits to measure compliance and assist external auditors in performing regular assessments.
- Assist in the Risk Management process.
- Keep abreast of applicable laws, regulations and industry guidance that impact government security requirements and assist in the design and implementation of appropriate policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline and a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in ethics and compliance functions, including at least five (5) years at the operational level.
- Experience working in a federal or contractor environment.
- Preferred: Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP)
- Preferred: Ethics, compliance and/or risk management experience in DoD agency or contractor
- Ability to develop and establish an effective ethics/compliance program to include training and continued education.
- Proven ability to lead, influence, and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated self-starter with ability to work independently and respond appropriately to requests.
- High level of integrity, discretion, and professionalism, capable of handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Experience providing clear guidance to organization employees connecting policies to practices ensuring the overall compliance and ethical behavior of an organization.
- Proficient in using compliance and ethics-related software and systems.
BlueForge Alliance provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This position requires US Citizenship as a bona fide occupational qualification due to the specific security and contractual requirements associated with our work as a defense contractor.
All positions are security sensitive, references to be submitted upon requests. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations, in accordance with ADA, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.