About BlueForge Alliance (BFA)
BlueForge Alliance is an agile program integrator positioned to meet the intense and urgent demand to build capacity for the defense industrial base. We are a unifying organization converging technology, manufacturing, economics, and state and federal government to provide a forward-facing, federated umbrella with national visibility.
As a non-profit, neutral convener, BlueForge Alliance aligns strategy with execution to coordinate regional stakeholders, assess and propose high-value efforts, and rapidly establish and deploy U.S. Department of Defense investments. By streamlining competing priorities and viewpoints, we aim to increase manufacturing capacity and technology adoption, boost the number of available suppliers and diversify investment into the defense industrial base.
As the Procurement Lead at BlueForge Alliance, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the efficient procurement and sourcing of materials, goods, and services necessary for our operations as a US nonprofit defense contractor supporting the US Navy. You will lead a procurement team to drive strategic sourcing initiatives, manage vendor relationships, and contribute to the overall success of our projects. In addition to the following details, by being a BlueForger, you will be expected to uphold and exemplify our values of Belonging, Selfless Service, Integrity, Leadership, Respect, and Excellence. We uphold these values upon a backbone of humility driven by a culture of safety, vulnerability, and purpose. In this role you will:
- Provide strategic direction, fostering an innovative procurement environment.
- Collaborate with peers to support development and implementation of procurement strategies, ensuring cost-efficiency and compliance.
- Assign authority and responsibilities to employees to execute plans aligned with operational goals.
- Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports.
- Monitor appropriate metrics to ensure performance to plan.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to others regarding approved processes, tools, technology and skills for own projects or processes.
- Supervise procurement team, guiding their growth and understanding of contracting processes and requirements.
- Collaborate with contracts team, aligning procurement strategies with regulations.
- Review and approve negotiation package coordination with the contracts team.
- Mitigate procurement risks and optimize supplier continuity.
- Stay informed about industry trends and inform sourcing strategies.
- Proactively addresses ways to enhance procurement processes, ensuring accuracy and efficiency.
- Collaborate cross-functionally for seamless procurement execution.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field; master's degree preferred.
- 5+ years in procurement and/or supply chain management in defense sector ideally.
- Proficiency in US government procurement regulations (FAR, DFARS).
- Leadership experience, strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in procurement tools, Microsoft Office.
- Strong negotiation, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyze complex data and develop procurement strategies.
- Detail-oriented, organized, excels in fast-paced environments.
Salary & Benefits
Expected Salary Range $115,000 – 145,000 depending on role and qualifications.
BFA has a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- 401k matching program
- Generous PTO package
- And more
BlueForge Alliance provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position requires US Citizenship as a bona fide occupational qualification due to the specific security and contractual requirements associated with our work as a defense contractor.
All positions are security sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations, in accordance with ADA, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.